- 1 pound ground lamb from Snowy Mountain Sheep Creamery
- 4 tablespoons Feta from Snowy Mountain Sheep Creamery
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- Seasoning salt, as needed
- 4 hamburger or Kaiser buns
- 4 tomato slices
- 12 European cucumber slices
- 4-6 radishes, sliced
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup European cucumber, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill in a medium size bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Separate ground lamb into 8 portions, shape it into eight balls, and then flatten them out into flat patties. Crumble or chop feta cheese and place a tablespoon of cheese on each of four patties, then add one quarter of garlic and green onion to each patty. Top off with the other four patties, lightly press on patties and seal the edges to close in the cheese. Lightly season with seasoning salt.
Cook patties on grill, under broiler or on a frying pan over medium heat until meat is medium done. Lightly toast buns. Place lamb patties on bottom half of bun, and then top with tomato slices, cucumber and radishes. Top with a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce and then the top half of bun. Serve with fresh greens and potato salad.